Found Some Old Hand Tools In My Grandpa's Garage

Discussion in 'Woodworking Hand Tools' started by contractor, Jan 10, 2012.

1. contractor

contractor New Member

When I was helping my grandpa go through some of his stuff in the garage, I came across a few baskets stored in the attic of the garage. They contained everything from old planers, to some finishing hammers, to all kinds of cement tools. He used to use them on job sites many years ago, when he worked as a carpenter. They are still in good shape as he always took good care of his tools.

2. Rae

Rae New Member

That's awesome, contractor! Did he let you have them? My uncle has a bunch of tools that belonged to my grandfather that he wants me to have, but I haven't had the time to make the trip (8 hours away) to go pick them up. I can't wait to get my hands on my grandfather's tools!

3. Harry

Harry New Member

Make time to get the tools

I'd be in my car heading to my relative's house tomorrow morning. You really can't find these old tools any more, and another member of the family is sure to lay claim just about the time you finally get around to remembering them again. That's how I missed out on most of my grandfather's tools. He was a carpenter for the railroad and had all sorts of wonderful items that are now hanging in my cousin's outbuilding. I cringe when I see them decorating his workshop walls. No, he doesn't do woodworking.

4. Sidekick

Sidekick New Member

Our nephew is always rooting around in our outbuilding to see what tools he can discover. He likes our old gasoline cans, shovels, rakes and my husband's old tools better than what they make today. He's had his eye on our gas cans for a long time. Maybe we should just give them to him, but my husband still has some attachment to them. Quality does show.