Removable Drill Press Table

Discussion in 'Woodworking Hand Tools' started by Cammy, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Cammy

Cammy New Member

My husband works with metal and has a drill press, which we also use for woodworking. This is really a pain in the butt, because we have to clean either sawdust or oil off the press before switching projects. Right now, we can not buy another drill press. What ideas do you have for making a removable drill press? I need something removable due to lack of space and I need the projcess to be quick and painless. Thanks!

2. Charlie Tuna

Charlie Tuna New Member

I do not know how oilly you get the table, but if not to bad you could make an interchangeable wooden top for the table. Just use some furniture leg lag bolts (have lag type threads on one end and bolt type threads on other end) with wing nuts and washers on the under side of your table. Then just change the wood piece for woodworking or metal working.

3. 25ta

25ta New Member

Their is a wooden table removable table top for about $40.00. It is easy to install and remove, it is similar to router bench top, I will look for actual name and post here in next day or so.

4. steve

steve Member

should be able to build something with out to much trouble.:)

5. woadwunner

woadwunner Member

Take any portable drill press table and build a wooden bracket underneath to slide over the metal table. Put and anchor bolt on both sides to quickly tighten things up.