Sharpening Guide

Discussion in 'Woodworking Hand Tools' started by johnk, Jan 26, 2009.

1. johnk

johnk New Member

Sharpening Guide

2. WoodWrangler

WoodWrangler New Member

The best stuff is the simple stuff. Thanks for sharing.

3. Wood Gnome

Wood Gnome New Member

That's really a good guide. I printed it off so that I could make my own for sharpening my chisels. This site is really great for beginners. I have only been on the site for the last few days and already have found so much excellent information.

4. woodpecker

woodpecker New Member

I am a struggling amateur, and I am happy to note that you have loads of interesting, useful stuff over here. Thanks for these simply great tips. I just took a print out of not only this file, but also the ones in your other threads. They are going to come in very useful.

5. Woodyoumind?

Woodyoumind? New Member

Boy, my dad could put an edge on anything that you coud split a hair with. I was too foolish in my younger days to stop and let him teach me how to do it, but I sure do wish I had listened and learned now.

6. hermitguy

hermitguy New Member

This looks like a simple way to sharpen chisels for the average guy who can't afford the big $$$'s they want for much more complicated devices that do the same thing. By the way, I checked a new block plane and spokeshave that I had Rockler hone before delivering, and the angle was 25 degrees on the plane blades also.

7. chocoguy

chocoguy New Member

Thanks for providing a download about this.

Even if I used to work with late machine, I am not the one who is doing the sharpening for the blades. There is a division that is assigned to that.

8. angelicwriter

angelicwriter New Member

Thanks for posting this. It's always helpful when you have an instructional guide to reference to. Sharpening requires so much skill. This really helped. :D

9. rmenting

rmenting New Member

Thank You

My biggest challenge is holding the blade steady beacuse of a nervous tremor in my right hand. You have solved the problem. Thankyou very much. It works great

10. peerawit

peerawit New Member

That's really help.. Thank